SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team fell 3-1 at Lawrence Tech in Southfield, Michigan on Wednesday night. Taylor Felver led the Saints with her second double-double on the season with 10 kills and 13 digs.
Final Score: Lawrence Tech 3, Siena Heights 1 (25-13, 25-20, 19-25, 25-6)
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Don Ridler Field House)
Records: Lawrence Tech (13-6, 7-3), Siena Heights (10-7, 5-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints struggled early in the match as they gave up game one to Lawrence Tech 25-13. The Blue Devil defense held Siena to only seven kills in game two to help earn the 2-0 lead after a 25-20 game-two win.
The blue and yellow rallied in the third game, as the Saints tallied 13 kills and a .190 attack percentage to cut the deficit in half with a 25-19 game three decision.
LTU hit .481 in the fourth set while forcing the Saints to a third negative hitting percentage. The Blue Devils ended the match with a 25-6 set for advantage.
• Felver added a service ace to her team-leading stat line.
• Carrigan Gray paced the SHU attack with 22 assists while also recording 12 digs.
• Christine Tylutki led the Saints with 15 digs. She also contributed offensively with four kills.
• Janel Ruhlman finished with four blocks and eight kills.
• Zakia Hunt and Brittany Schmidt led Lawrence Tech with 14 and 11 kills respectively. Schmidt also tallied 18 digs.
• Kristi Doherty tallied a double-double with 43 assists and 21 digs. She led all players on the court in both of those categories.
• The Saints return home to face Rochester on Saturday, October 6. The match is set for a 12:00 p.m., start time.