ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team fell to Aquinas in straight sets on Friday night at the SHU Fieldhouse. Carrigan Gray finished the match with 18 assists in the losing effort.
Final Score: Aquinas 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-23, 25-18, 25-17)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Aquinas (16-4, 7-1 WHAC), SHU (10-5, 5-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena rallied back from an 11-3 deficit in game one to tie the score at 23. However, the Saints from Aquinas pulled out the win scoring two-straight points for the 1-0 lead.
In game two, the SHU Saints were held to a sub-100 attack percentage as the AQ Saints pulled out a 25-18 decision and a 2-0 set score lead.
Siena suffered from its worst hitting percentage in game three (-.095) as Aquinas was able to close out the match with a 25-17 game-three victory.
• Christine Tylutki led Siena with seven kills. She also tallied eight digs and an assist.
• Gray added three kills, two aces, eight digs, and a block to her stat totals.
• Bianca Negron led the defensive effort with 14 digs.
• Kristin Danielson led Aquinas with 14 kills.
• Stephanie Chenlo paced the offense with 36 assists.
• Karly Morris was the top defender with 15 digs.
The SHU Saints will host Cornerstone on Saturday at the SHU Fieldhouse. The match is scheduled for a 1:00 p.m., start.