LANSING, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team cruised to a 78-44 victory over Great Lakes Christian on the road Monday night. Freshman Peyton Banks tallied a career-high 28 points off the bench to lead the Saints to the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 78, Great Lakes Christian 44
Location: Lansing, Michigan (Doty Center)
Records: Siena Heights (2-0), Great Lakes Christian (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints never trailed in the game and rolled to a 25-8 lead at the conclusion of the first quarter.
Siena outscored the Crusaders 18-10 in the second quarter to build a 43-18 lead as the teams went into the locker room at the half.
Banks had a huge third quarter, scoring half of her total points coming out of the intermission with 14.
• Banks added five rebounds and a block to her team-leading stat line.
• Junior Demi Russell contributed with 10 points and also tied a team-high eight rebounds.
• Jayshonna Blackshire tied Russell with eight rebounds while also contributing on offense with seven points. Defensively, she led the Saints with five steals.
• Maria Repichowski scored seven points and pulled down five rebounds.
• Kerlunda Dervil led the team with 13 points and six steals.
• Valerie Kopper scored 12 points, three rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
• Mystic Striker tallied 10 points and five rebounds.
The Saints travel to face Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Aquinas on Thursday, November 8. The game is set to tip off at 7:00 p.m.